FORUMS: list search recent posts

Importing from Inkscape

COW Forums : Adobe Illustrator

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jonathan Rand
Importing from Inkscape
on Aug 20, 2014 at 3:59:21 am

I'm visually impaired and severely dyslexic so learning Adobe Illustrate may be more difficult for me than for some others. :(

I tried to import a logo I created in Inkscape, to Illustrator. I tried more than a few times and different problems occurred. The latest incident was the image appeared in Illustrator with part of it missing. The missing part of the image was a blue shape with a gradient. It appeared fine when I tried to import this logo other times so I don't know what I'm doing wrong.

I'm pretty sure I'm not following the correct procedure because I think I was able to import this logo before and everything seemed to work.. (except it said PREVIEW ) (And I'm kinda worried that this "GPU performance" feature may be eating up space on my GPU!!!!!) That's right! There are massive holes in my knowledge of computers. :( I didn't think it was possible to use up GPU space but the way it's worded in Illustrator HELP, worried me! "It renders the image on the GPU." What does that even mean?

Could someone please give me the exact procedure for importing an image to Illustrator? A step by step method is best for me because of the dyslexia.

I realize that the blurred shadows will not carry over to Illustrator. When a file appears in Illustrator, I just re-create the blurred shadows.

I'm doing a job for somebody and I'm dead in the water! Any help getting me going again will be very much appreciated. :)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]