FORUMS: list search recent posts

Clipping Mask Difficulties

COW Forums : Adobe Illustrator

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Max Ligerman
Clipping Mask Difficulties
on Aug 2, 2014 at 8:37:35 am

Hello there, I am trying to create a clipping mask so that the rounded curve is contained within the actual shape (the shape needs to clip the excess which runs outside) and I also want the curve to shade the shape. The idea is to make it look more like rope.

Can anyone please let me know how I can do this?

Illustrator CS6 64bit

Return to posts index

Vincent Rosati
Re: Clipping Mask Difficulties
on Aug 2, 2014 at 8:57:01 am
Last Edited By Vincent Rosati on Aug 2, 2014 at 8:59:51 am

You might need to Object / Expand the mask.
Then Object / Compound Path / Make the mask, as it likely needs to be one object.

As for the mask target, you might need to mask each object individually, as the different object properties (such as the fills) will preclude you from making these into a compound object. So, you have to duplicate duplicate the mask, and mask each target object, one by one.
Hmmm, actually, just try grouping the target objects, then apply the Compound Path mask to that.

Vince

*Please remember to Rate our replies or check Solution if solved. If you get a good idea from the post, consider clicking the Kudos option.

Return to posts index

Max Ligerman
on Aug 3, 2014 at 9:25:55 am

Hello and thank you for your reply. Could you please explain which element is which within your instructions? I have tried what I think you have suggested but it did not work.

Return to posts index

Vincent Rosati
on Aug 3, 2014 at 6:39:31 pm

File: 7815_multipleclippingmasks.zip

Vince

*Please remember to Rate our replies or check Solution if solved. If you get a good idea from the post, consider clicking the Kudos option.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]