FORUMS: list search recent posts

Weird Behaviour...

COW Forums : Adobe Illustrator

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Steve Hancock
Weird Behaviour...
on Jul 17, 2014 at 6:48:02 am

Hi Guys, I'm new so please forgive any etiquette fopars I may make.

I use Illustrator 15.0.2 on a MacBook Pro with core i7 running at 2.7 ghz and with 16GB RAM (15 inch screen). Its the solid state version, ie no hard drive but 750GB of flash drive. I'm using the latest operating system 10.9.4

Ok here's the weird bit - selecting objects and applying effects. My need on this occasion, is to apply feather - so I go through the motions, effect - feather but the effect dialog box doesn't appear, and yet the system acts like it should be there. If I hit enter, the effect is applied. But I need the dialog box to alter and fine tune it. But where on earth is the box?

Is there a way, within illustrator that I can get to bring my dialog boxes into centre screen or something. I have a suspicion, but I dont want to cloud you guys judgement, that this is connected to the graphics settings somehow. I don't get the same problem when I have my laptop connected to my 27" screen. I'm wondering if the errant box is way off to the side, off screen so to speak, when I use my inbuilt 15" screen?

I must sound like a complete idiot and for that I appologise. But if anyone can give me a hint as to what I need to do, I would be most grateful. Of course, I guess we must not rule out some kind of system bug, or something.....

Many thanks, in advance

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]