Hello, I stumbled upon a problem I can't get my head around and I was unable to find any solution to it.
I make web graphics and I need to be able to reliably tell the size(in pixels) of the image I am importing/exporting and I can't achieve that in this particular situation:
1) I've got a png file on my HDD which is 2px wide and 800px high
2) I create new file in Illustrator with 2*800px resolution
3) I then go File->Place and select the desired file
4) The file doesn't fill the whole 800px, nor the 2px in width, it is like 1px wide and 600px high
5) I wonder what on earth is happening...
When I click the link information, I see Scale(H,V): 74,999%,74,999%. Why is that? Is there any way to import images in their 100% original size?