FORUMS: list search recent posts

Complex object color fills?

COW Forums : Adobe Illustrator

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Robert Steinman
Complex object color fills?
on Jun 2, 2014 at 1:01:52 am

Hi all. I'm pretty much an AI neophyte but am trying to learn some of the basics, just to get some general familiarity and be able to create some basic mock-ups before bringing in a professional illustrator/designer. Apologies if this is incredibly simple.

I've got a series of vector shapes to work with, mostly monochrome baroque-style ornamentation like this and similar: http://vector.me/files/images/2/4/241818/baroque_ornament_vectors_vol1.jpg

Working with them as-purchased, they're simply the black path outline with all else transparent. What I'm trying to do is fill-in the interiors with white or similar color. For the life of me I can't find a function that'll do this - I can change the color of the path itself, but the negative space remains transparent. The sloppy hack I've resorted to is importing the image into Photoshop and then manually using the paintbucket fill on each interior section. As some of the shapes are complex, this is really tedious and even so I'm having a hard time getting the hard-to-reach thin places, where the shape's anti-aliasing isn't playing well with the fill's tolerance.

Is there a simple way to automatically fill in the negative space *only* within the borders of a vector shape like this? I'd even be find with a solution after it was rasterized, either way is fine. Thanks in advance...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]