FORUMS: list search recent posts

join path issues

COW Forums : Adobe Illustrator

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jeff Gormley
join path issues
on May 20, 2014 at 12:58:02 pm

Hello there guys im new to illustrator and using CS6 most things I have been able to step around with online tutorials etc and Im learning as i go but some things are just annoying me and I need to sort a way around them asap.
Most of my illustrator work is quite simple and used to cutting paint masks for airbrushing, logos etc. On top of this I need to create borders for certain cuts and this is today's problem, I have 2 border corners placed into my work space and id like to have them joined on the screen so they cut as a full side and it saves me from manually having to mask and join the edges which takes time and is not very easy when the lines are so small, I have tried using the scissors and cutting the line then deleting the 2 new points and then selecting the 2 paths and clicking on join. This worked on one of the lines but for whatever reason will not work for the second.
I know there are a few different ways to achieve the same thing in Ai but this is confusing the hell out of me and I need a way round it.
Please help.

Thanks
Jeff

Return to posts index

Vincent Rosati
Re: join path issues
on May 20, 2014 at 5:53:32 pm

Usually when AI can't complete a join it gives you a message, like 'You can only join endpoints' or something.
Is it possible that these aren't endpoints, or that there might be stray points at the same location?
You can examine this by entering View / Outline mode, than using the Direct Selection tool to move some points around to look for strays.

You might also just try Align / Horizontal Align Center, in the Align palette. Select the 2 points and set the tool to Align to Selection. This will, at least, bring them together.

Just some initial thoughts.

Vince

*Please remember to Rate our replies or check Solution if solved. If you get a good idea from the post, consider clicking the Kudos option.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]