FORUMS: list search recent posts

Group anchor points for easy selection

COW Forums : Adobe Illustrator

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Scott Green
Group anchor points for easy selection
on Mar 21, 2014 at 12:40:58 pm

This may be a stupid question but I thought I'd just check incase there's a solution that I don't know about.

I wondered if there's a way to group anchor points so that they can be easily selected.

This example images isn't that complex, it's just a reference, but if there were a set of anchor points in the middle of a group of other anchor point the only way that I know of is to select all of the anchor points near to the ones you want and they deselect the ones that you don't want.

Any you can't click and drag where there is a shape because dragging just moves the shape.

If you could select the group of anchor points that you wanted in one click it would make things so much easier when working with more complex designs, don't you think?

Is there a solution or an I just crazy?

Music Videos, Motion Graphics, Creative Multimedia, Video Production, VFX and Graphic Design by Splurj Creative Multimedia

Return to posts index

Vincent Rosati
Re: Group anchor points for easy selection
on Mar 27, 2014 at 9:31:09 pm

I think the short answer is no. It made me think of Cinema 4D, where you can do this, select any number of points, planes, or edges and define them as a single selectable item.

But I think you can still achieve what you want to do.
To your description of not being able to select inside an object without selecting the object...

Ctrl + Y = Outline Mode, or View / Outline.

Now you can use the Direct Select or Lasso tool to select and move only the points of objects, and not move the parent object.

Vince

*Please remember to Rate our replies or check Solution if solved. If you get a good idea from the post, consider clicking the Kudos option.

Return to posts index

Scott Green
Re: Group anchor points for easy selection
on Mar 28, 2014 at 8:10:35 am

That's where I got the idea from too form C4D and the selection tools they have. I knew there'd be a simple solution, don't know why I didn't think of using outlines :)

Just out of interest while we're talking about C4D and Illustrator, is it possible to creater AI vector shapes from a C4D model?

Thanks for the info.

Music Videos, Motion Graphics, Creative Multimedia, Video Production, VFX and Graphic Design by Splurj Creative Multimedia

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]