FORUMS: list search recent posts

Possible to make a "live" shape repeater? (want to change width and spacing of objects on the fly)

COW Forums : Adobe Illustrator

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Franck Aubry
Possible to make a "live" shape repeater? (want to change width and spacing of objects on the fly)
on Mar 3, 2014 at 7:48:06 pm

Hello!

I am doing a print project where I believe the AE shape tools are superior to Illustrator in the sense that I rig up all my layers with expressions and keeping everything interactive for trial and error!
I am particularly making good use of the repeater to make hundreds of rectangles that I use to cut-out (boole) shapes with.
My question is basically, is there a similar tool in Illustrator where I can rig up a "live" repeater where I can f.ex. change the width and distance ratio?
Does anyone have any ideas? I am open to absolutely anything? Are there scripts that might do something similar?

I have rigged a setup like this in C4D and AE and it kinda works but getting all these shapes into Illustrator has proved tedious in C4D and so far impossible with AE. Also moving between C4D and Illustrator units means I am not able to work with the correct sizes. (Unless I am missing something)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]