FORUMS: list search recent posts

Making vector fills in illustrator!

COW Forums : Adobe Illustrator

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Carl Heintz
Making vector fills in illustrator!
on Mar 1, 2014 at 1:36:56 am

Hi! New to the forum!

Anyways, I draw floor plans, export them to vectors to work in illustrator and usually edit the pdf in photoshop, where it loses the vector-part of it. I know about livepaint in illustrator but the problem is that it somehow does not always work, i dunno, maybe some lines are not vectorbased because if I select all lines and then try to press "make" it does not allow me to.

WOuld be great to keep everything as vectors. Any clues?

Return to posts index

Vincent Rosati
Re: Making vector fills in illustrator!
on Mar 2, 2014 at 1:08:44 am

Welcome Carl, good to see a technical illustrator on the board.
I don't know if I have an immediate fix, but my first thought is that this is an overall workflow issue.
What changes will you need to make to the Illustrator objects in Photoshop?
Have you tried pasting your AI objects into PS as Smart Objects?
I imagine these as being walls, doors, furniture, etc?

My most extreme process for moving vectors into PS, when I need a shape layer for every vector layer of a complex component, is to create a transparent box around the component in AI as a registration box.
Than I copy the registration box and one of the object layers, and paste into a new PS file, than delete the bounding box.
Than I repeat the process with all of the AI layer objects until the component is recreated, perfectly registered, as individual shape layers in PS.

Vince

*Please remember to Rate our replies or check Solution if solved. If you get a good idea from the post, consider clicking the Kudos option.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]