FORUMS: list search recent posts

Select multiple objects in Layers panel

COW Forums : Adobe Illustrator

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Paul Roper
Select multiple objects in Layers panel
on Feb 21, 2014 at 3:14:00 pm

Hello,

This question has been asked many times, many years ago, but I can't seem to find an answer.

I can highlight a bunch of objects in the layer palette in any number of ways (most obviously click on one thing, then shift-click on something else and everything in between get selected). Because Illustrator is an evil, nasty piece of software, I cannot do the same with the selection circle in the layers palette. Am I right in assuming that the only way to convert a bunch of highlighted objects to a selection is by a silly workaround, such as selecting one object, grouping it, then highlighting all the other objects I want, then dragging them into the group, then ungrouping them? This was about the only workaround I could find, but it was from years ago. And ridiculous.

Anyone got any better suggestions?

- Paul

Return to posts index

Vincent Rosati
Re: Select multiple objects in Layers panel
on Feb 21, 2014 at 8:53:24 pm

Could you hold Shift + Option as you are clicking the layers?

Vince

*Please remember to Rate our replies or check Solution if solved. If you get a good idea from the post, consider clicking the Kudos option.

Return to posts index

Paul Roper
Re: Select multiple objects in Layers panel
on Feb 22, 2014 at 2:13:29 am

Thanks for the suggestion, but that does allow me to select and highlight something without having to click the circle, but I still have to click each object individually.

- Paul

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]