FORUMS: list search recent posts

How can I set Preview (for everything) to be ON by default?

COW Forums : Adobe Illustrator

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Paul Roper
How can I set Preview (for everything) to be ON by default?
on Nov 21, 2013 at 10:25:47 am

Hello,

I find it very tedious, whenever I do pretty much anything (eg. when applying any of the Illustrator Effects) in Illustrator, to have to click the 'Preview' checkbox EVERY TIME. Obviously I want to see a preview of what I'm doing. I can't find anything in the preferences to fix this - is there any way of doing it?

Many thanks,

Paul

Return to posts index

Vincent Rosati
Re: How can I set Preview (for everything) to be ON by default?
on Jan 6, 2014 at 1:39:15 am

That's AI's behavior. Illustrator doesn't do live rendering in the same way Photoshop does. Some people use lots of effects on heavy files, and automatically doing a preview could add a significant amount of time to production, particularly if you're running scripts.
It would be a nice option though.

Vince

*Please remember to Rate our replies or check Solution if solved. If you get a good idea from the post, consider clicking the Kudos option.

Return to posts index

Paul Roper
Re: How can I set Preview (for everything) to be ON by default?
on Jan 6, 2014 at 9:03:19 am

I sent Adobe a feature request for this, but I don't think the team who work on Illustrator care about these - it feels like such an ancient, un-updated program. I'd imagine that there's an email script at the Illustrator department, like at Apple, that sends feature requests and bug reports straight to the trash.

In the meantime I'll just continue creating as many vector graphics as I can in the wonderful world of After Effects.

- Paul

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]