FORUMS: list search recent posts

Problem exporting .eps file

COW Forums : Adobe Illustrator

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Joseph Bradfield
Problem exporting .eps file
on Sep 10, 2013 at 8:29:48 am

I have worked up a blueprint-style logo for a course in Illustrator CS3, using this tutorial, and saved it as an .eps file. I now want to export the image into PowerPoint so that the logo appears on multiple slides in my presentation. Although the file imports OK, some of the text element disappears, leaving me with half a logo!

I can't think of any explanation for why this is happening - the text is all part of the same element of the original .eps file, and is entirely visible whenever I preview the image, yet when I export it, the second line of 'outline' text (stage 2 in the tutorial) vanishes. So the top line of text is outlined, but the second line isn't.

Is this one of those things that just happens sometimes with .eps to .ppt, or is there a step that I've missed? Is there a shortcut I can use to get round the problem, without making the image resolution noticeably worse in the slide show? Any help much appreciated, thanks.

Return to posts index

Lyudmil Lyubenov
Re: Problem exporting .eps file
on Sep 13, 2013 at 4:27:52 pm

I made the same that you have done and no problems. I am using PowerPoint 2013 and Illustrator CS6. I saved the .ai as .eps normally without any changes in the saving profile and imported the .eps into PP by drag and drop. There were no issues. How do you export/import the graphic? And why do you use the .eps? You could export it like high res .png

Knowledge is freedom

Return to posts index

Joseph Bradfield
Re: Problem exporting .eps file
on Sep 16, 2013 at 10:57:05 am

Thanks Lyudmil,

Main reason for using the .eps was that this was how I saved the graphic originally - because it's a logo I'm placing it in multiple other .ai files without a background, so it seemed like the best format to use. I was also advised that enlarging or shrinking a .png image reduces the image's resolution, which doesn't happen with .eps.

To import the file, I just used the menu in PowerPoint - Insert>Picture. I've since managed to find a workaround to more or less resolve the issue, but I still have no idea why it was happening in the first place.

Joseph

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]