FORUMS: list search recent posts

compound path gradient does not export

COW Forums : Adobe Illustrator

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tony Mangnall
compound path gradient does not export
on Jun 10, 2013 at 5:19:28 pm

I have a logo in Illustrator that has a compound path and a gradient applied across that compound path. When I save the file as an eps, pdf, or jpeg, one of the gradient colors does not export along with it, leaving white where there should be a red gradient. Png exports work fine.

How the logo should look (red chip, red behind the word "in"):
logo_png.png

How it looks after export:
badgradient.png

I am using a fully-updated Illustrator CS6, not sure what version was used to craft the logo. I can't find anything related to this anywhere else, but it causes a real mess when trying to get promotional material created. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Return to posts index

Vincent Rosati
Re: compound path gradient does not export
on Jul 23, 2013 at 12:07:21 am

Hmmm. Maybe adjust your Overprint setting in File/Print/Advanced.

Vince

*Please remember to Rate our replies or check Solution if solved. If you get a good idea from the post, consider clicking the Kudos option.

Return to posts index

Tony Mangnall
on Jul 23, 2013 at 1:31:34 am

This happens even when I'm just exporting to different file formats, not printing. png seems to work, jpeg causes issues.

Return to posts index

Vincent Rosati
on Jul 24, 2013 at 12:14:26 am

I don't have a straight answer, but I'd reproduce the problem object in a new file. Don't paste from the original, just recreate the one object and do your tests.
Depending on the results, maybe try merging objects to either the new or old file.
Sometimes I've seen corruptions on elements with effects.
You might even just be able to clear all styles (the None button at the bottom of the tool palette) on the object in the original, and recreate.
You might want to first try dragging the element into the Graphic Styles palette, to save the style, than apply the style to a new object and test that.

Vince

*Please remember to Rate our replies or check Solution if solved. If you get a good idea from the post, consider clicking the Kudos option.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]