FORUMS: list search recent posts

Save for web giving me pixelated images

COW Forums : Adobe Illustrator

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Emma Digerud-Waring
Save for web giving me pixelated images
on May 27, 2013 at 5:02:57 pm

Hello, I've just started using Illustrator CS6 and am having problems every time I try to 'save for web' each time my image is really pixelated. My 'Document Raster Effect Settings' are set to High (300ppi) and Anti-alias is ticked / checked. In 'Save for web' my preview is set to 100%. I feel like I'm missing something really simple but can't figure it out for the life of me! Please help.

Return to posts index

Vincent Rosati
Re: Save for web giving me pixelated images
on Jul 23, 2013 at 12:00:06 am

Not sure exactly what your issue is, but web is 72ppi, so I'd try reducing your document raster effect settings from 300 down to 72.
Do you have Photoshop? If so, try opening the AI with Photoshop.

Vince

*Please remember to Rate our replies or check Solution if solved. If you get a good idea from the post, consider clicking the Kudos option.

Return to posts index

Emma Digerud-Waring
Re: Save for web giving me pixelated images
on Feb 28, 2014 at 2:28:15 pm

Hi Vincent, thanks for your reply. I have changed this and it still doesn't work. What seems really strange is that the 'original' image is showing up pixelated when I hit 'save for web' - I've taken a screen shot to show you...

I have tried opening in photoshop and the file looks fine, then again when I go to 'save for web' the original and optimized both appear pixelated.

Any help greatly appreciated. I'm a graphic designer who can't save any files for web - so annoying!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]