FORUMS: list search recent posts

change straight line to curve easy

COW Forums : Adobe Illustrator

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
bart van hecke
change straight line to curve easy
on May 22, 2013 at 6:50:11 am

hi,

i've been using vectorbased software like inkscape and freehand before and to my feel they are much more intuitive for drawing than illustrator, but maybe i'm wrong.

this may seem a simple question but quite frankly, i cannot believe that the answers i found to it are the only ones, there must be a simpler way. So here goes:
i just need to make a curve out of a straight line. That straight line has already been drawn and consists of two endpoints, in between i need to make it into a curve.

I looked it up and it seems you need to add another anchorpoint, than change that into an anchorpoint with draggable handles and than edit it to the desired shape? I just want a shortcut of some sorts with which you can directly change that straight line into a curved line without having to add another anchor point, same way freehand or inkscape handle it.

this must be possible in illustrator i guess but i can't find the right way for it. have tried ALT, CMD and SHFT and every combination with the direct select tool but it doesn't work.

thx for help
B

Return to posts index

Vincent Rosati
Re: change straight line to curve easy
on Jul 22, 2013 at 11:57:08 pm

You'd want to use the Convert Anchor Point Tool, under the pen tools. Click and drag on any point to make it into a curve. Conversely, you can click on a curved anchor to make it an angle.

Vince

*Please remember to Rate our replies or check Solution if solved. If you get a good idea from the post, consider clicking the Kudos option.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]