FORUMS: list search recent posts

change straight line to curve easy

COW Forums : Adobe Illustrator

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
bart van hecke
change straight line to curve easy
on May 22, 2013 at 6:50:11 am

i've been using vectorbased software like inkscape and freehand before and to my feel they are much more intuitive for drawing than illustrator, but maybe i'm wrong.

this may seem a simple question but quite frankly, i cannot believe that the answers i found to it are the only ones, there must be a simpler way. So here goes:
i just need to make a curve out of a straight line. That straight line has already been drawn and consists of two endpoints, in between i need to make it into a curve.

I looked it up and it seems you need to add another anchorpoint, than change that into an anchorpoint with draggable handles and than edit it to the desired shape? I just want a shortcut of some sorts with which you can directly change that straight line into a curved line without having to add another anchor point, same way freehand or inkscape handle it.

this must be possible in illustrator i guess but i can't find the right way for it. have tried ALT, CMD and SHFT and every combination with the direct select tool but it doesn't work.

thx for help

Return to posts index

Vincent Rosati
Re: change straight line to curve easy
on Jul 22, 2013 at 11:57:08 pm

You'd want to use the Convert Anchor Point Tool, under the pen tools. Click and drag on any point to make it into a curve. Conversely, you can click on a curved anchor to make it an angle.

*Please remember to Rate our replies or check Solution if solved. If you get a good idea from the post, consider clicking the Kudos option.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 All Rights Reserved