FORUMS: list search recent posts

EPS Transparency with a Raster Graphic

COW Forums : Adobe Illustrator

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Andy Eisenberg
EPS Transparency with a Raster Graphic
on May 9, 2013 at 5:58:50 am

Hey,

I'm having a problem with getting transparency out of illustrator. I've made an image in a 3D program that a client would like to use as a logo and they need it supplied in an EPS format from illustrator. I've exported a still frame image as a .tiff from my 3D program and brought it into illustrator. When I save it out as an EPS from illustrator, it has a transparent background when I re-open it in illustrator but not when I open it in photoshop or indesign. Now, I know this is taking a raster file and saving it out as an eps, which usually works much nicer with vector graphics, but I was still hoping to have the transparency carry through as if the image was entirely vector.

Any idea of a way to save this file out with transparency from illustrator as an eps or is this just not possible with that file format and a raster graphic? If it isn't possible, any idea of a replacement file format that would work as well to preserve high quality and transparency, .tiff or targa?

Return to posts index

Per Arne Sandvik
Re: EPS Transparency with a Raster Graphic
on May 10, 2013 at 11:23:11 am

If there's no vector content, there really is no reason to save this as an EPS. TIF supports layers and alpha channel transparency. It can also save losslessly as RGB as well as CMYK.

You can also save as a PDF, but be careful when you export so you don't apply JPEG compression.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]