FORUMS: list search recent posts

Adding a stroke won't align to object, and actually moves the object itself.

COW Forums : Adobe Illustrator

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kyle Romaneck
Adding a stroke won't align to object, and actually moves the object itself.
on May 7, 2013 at 8:00:26 pm

Okay, I'm having a really weird problem with Illustrator, and I don't know how to fix it. Right now I have a simply rectangle that I created, and I want to apply a simple stroke to it. Problem is, when I apply the stroke, it doesn't align central to the actual edges of the rectangle, but it aligns to the left and bottom edge of it. If I add weight to the stroke, it just keeps piling on to the left and down, and if I then remove the stroke again, for some reason my adding of the stroke has literally shifted my object down and to the left from its original location. If I keep adding and removing weight from the stroke, I can actually make the object travel across the palette without ever moving it myself. I've checked the stroke alignment settings, and they don't seem to have any effect on this weird misalignment issue. Anyone ever experienced this before, or know what it is, or how to fix it? I've included screen caps to show you what's going on exactly. Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks!
-Kyle

Return to posts index

Thie Thomsen
Re: Adding a stroke won't align to object, and actually moves the object itself.
on May 8, 2013 at 6:03:47 am

In the pulldown menu of the alignment window, you can uncheck "Use preview Bounds".

That way it will align to the actual paths instead of the percieved object size.

This is off by default by the way...

---
I can see your spot colours...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]