FORUMS: list search recent posts

How to add a vector image .eps file from Illustrator to Photoshop CS6 without extreme loss of quality?

COW Forums : Adobe Illustrator

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael Sirois
How to add a vector image .eps file from Illustrator to Photoshop CS6 without extreme loss of quality?
on May 2, 2013 at 8:35:25 pm

Hi Creative Cow!

I have a vector image in the form of an .eps file and I want to transfer it to Photoshop. I need to re-size the image to a much smaller 150x150 pixel frame size JPEG image and every strategy I have used has resulted in extreme loss of quality and pixelization. Is there a way to transfer my vector from Illustrator to Photoshop CS6, or at least properly resize the image through Illustrator so that I can import a high quality version at those 150x150 dimensions?

Thanks!

Michael J. Sirois | Filmmaker & Musician

Return to posts index

Jonathan Ziegler
Re: How to add a vector image .eps file from Illustrator to Photoshop CS6 without extreme loss of quality?
on May 3, 2013 at 6:28:24 pm

There are several ways to do it:

1) save as a JPEG in Illustrator, but you'll need to do all of your size conversions in Illustrator first and convert to RGB if its CMYK.

Photoshop has really decent imaging capabilities so:

1) Create a 150x150 image in PS with a plain white BG (saving as a JPEG will turn transparency to white), then place (File > Place) the EPS file on it. Note: EPS files don't always import well into PS so you may want to first load into Ill. and save as an AI file with PDF on.

2) File > Open in PS - you can specify sizes, pixel dimensions, etc before opening. You can go larger, then crop, adjust and finally shrink to final size in PS (use bicubic sharper to keep overall quality or nearest neighbor for edge quality).

Barring any of these, what is the actual problem you are seeing? Can you post the image/file? Also, 150x150 is a very small amount of info and there is only so much quality you can maintain. Specifically what is happening or not happening (so we can duplicate it)?

Save early. Save often.

Jonathan Ziegler

http://www.electrictiger.com
520-360-8293

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]