FORUMS: list search recent posts

Confused! Which Profile To Use?

COW Forums : Adobe Illustrator

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sara Clark
Confused! Which Profile To Use?
on Apr 22, 2013 at 3:52:13 pm

Hi,

I am an Illustrator beginner but am slowly getting to grips with it all! Basically I am designing invitations to sell online and I live in the UK, however most of my business will come from the US. What I would like to know is:

Which colour settings profile should I set the document to? Europe General Purpose 2 or North America General Purpose 2? Will my choice of profile affect the colour output in the US? (I mean, will the colours people print in the US differ greatly from when I print out the document to check here?)

Also, if someone from the UK wants to buy an invitation will the setting I pick mix it up for them?

I will be sending PDF's & JPEG's to my customers. I have looked everywhere online for some info but can't seem to find anything anywhere! I just want to make sure that my customers have the right colours and that they are able to print my documents at home, or via a professional printer.

I hope someone can help!

Many thanks
Sara

Return to posts index

Lyudmil Lyubenov
Re: Confused! Which Profile To Use?
on Sep 13, 2013 at 4:42:33 pm

It does not matter what profile you are going to use. The default profile is OK. I would not change it at all. The important thing is the color mode, for screen preview you need to use RGB - 72 ppi and for printing is CMYK - 300 ppi. In all the world the printers work with CMYK and if you want to you can include a Pantone color scheme if someone asks for it. Cheers.

Knowledge is freedom

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]