FORUMS: list search recent posts

How do you warp text like this in Illustrator?

COW Forums : Adobe Illustrator

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ross Michel
How do you warp text like this in Illustrator?
on Mar 25, 2013 at 10:05:13 pm

Please, how the heck can I warp text like this in Illustrator? Thank you. - Ross

http://images.creativecow.net/255652/bms.jpg

Return to posts index

Tylor Larson
Re: How do you warp text like this in Illustrator?
on Mar 26, 2013 at 3:59:52 pm

the bottom line of type is done with a Shear. So what i did was break the Type into two parts. a group of letters "CUST" and another piece "OMZ". i then used the (selection tool- AKA black Arrow), and selected the CUST letters and then Right Click and when down to transform and then Shear....

once inside this dialog box i make sure to adjust the Shear angle to 30 or what ever angle works... then made sure to check the Vertical Axis button. make sure to take note of the Angle value because you will need reverse this for the other 3 letters, or in other words -30. then hit ok...

please note that once this is done you cant edit the angle... it is locked in. i would suggest keeping a copy of the NON sheared type in case changes are needed.

for the BMS part. i would used Effect / Warp / Lower Arc. this will get you close to the final shape. i would then Expand the Warped type to paths and simply do some fine tuning. Object / Expand.

TY

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]