FORUMS: list search recent posts

Convert to paragraph text

COW Forums : Adobe Illustrator

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Paul Roper
Convert to paragraph text
on Mar 8, 2013 at 11:23:40 am

Hello,

Is there any way (other than copying & pasting) to convert point text to paragraph text in Illustrator, like you can in After Effects? I Googled it, but could only find results from a few years ago, suggesting copying and pasting (and they added that no, it's not a joke).

Or do we just chalk this up as another of the countless reasons why Illustrator is an unbelievably annoying, unintuitive piece of software?

Any suggestions?

- Paul

Return to posts index

Tylor Larson
Re: Convert to paragraph text
on Mar 8, 2013 at 3:47:25 pm

the only way i know how to do that is with copy and paste. but you can select multiple point text objects and copy them all at once,[ use shift to select multiple objects].. and then paste those back into a single text area. box There is only one downside. it does NOT put spaces between each point text. But if you add and extra space to the end of each point type that should solve the issue. i know it isnt a single mouse click but it is a fairly simple workaround.

have you tried looking for a script online?

BTW... yes illustrator is unintuitive,... but at least it isn't InDesign.

Ty

Return to posts index

Paul Roper
on Mar 8, 2013 at 4:44:44 pm

Thanks!

I find Illustrator even LESS intuitive than InDesign! I so wish the Illustrator team at Adobe would just take a look at what the Photoshop and After Effects team are doing - just simple stuff like being able to scrub the point size of text, or being able to right-click in the Layers palette to do stuff. It is so frustrating, knowing that there are people at Adobe who can program this stuff - they could probably just copy & paste the code from one of the other programs. Every time I use Illustrator I find a new stupid "feature" or omission. The more I use it, the more I hate it! Bring back FreeHand! Or at least update the program - CS5 to CS6: A dark workspace. Yippee. What an upgrade.

(rant over!)

- Paul

Return to posts index

Tylor Larson
on Mar 8, 2013 at 6:46:30 pm

yeh... there are a few things here and there that suck about Illustrator but i guess it depends on what you have been forced to use over the years. i have really come to love AI. But then again i don't have any experience working with freehand. I wish copy and pasting code would solve the problem. but from what i understand of the program, it is not the most cleanly written code. every version of illustrator seems to get really small improvements ... unlike PS or AE who seem to get major overhauls.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]