FORUMS: list search recent posts

Illustrator CS6 Grid and Toolbar Issue

COW Forums : Adobe Illustrator

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Don Lunnemann
Illustrator CS6 Grid and Toolbar Issue
on Feb 28, 2013 at 2:24:47 pm

I have just been updated to CS6 about a month ago. I have noticed that my when I set my subdivisions for the grids in the preferences that it does not save. I will set the subdivisions from 10 to 8 in a file. If I click on another file in Illustrator that is open and then click back on the file I set the subdivisions to 8, the grids disappear and the subdivions reset back to 10... weird...

Also I have a blank floating tool bar that will not dock on a side or up top. It is just a blank black tool bar and I can't find a way to get rid of it. I just move it off to the side to get it out of the way.

I didn't want to re-install the program if I didn't have to as it was remotely added from the home office but if I have to I will.

Thanks

Return to posts index

Tylor Larson
Re: Illustrator CS6 Grid and Toolbar Issue
on Mar 1, 2013 at 5:43:47 pm

have you tried trashing your prefs?

TY

Return to posts index

Don Lunnemann
on Mar 4, 2013 at 2:25:38 pm

I saw an older thread about how to do that but could not find the folder in Windows 7.

Return to posts index

Don Lunnemann
on Mar 4, 2013 at 3:25:06 pm

Ok, I found the AIPrefs file and renamed it. It created another on starting up AI again. Still have the same issue of turning off grids and resetting them back to 10.

However on a good note, in looking into this I found out that by deleting my Workspace and Modified Workspace Folders I got rid of that floating blank tool bar that I had.

Return to posts index

Tylor Larson
on Mar 4, 2013 at 4:44:47 pm

Sometimes Apps have program pref files .. as well as user pref files . the program that always comes to mind is Maya.

Ty

Return to posts index

Tylor Larson
on Mar 4, 2013 at 6:03:14 pm

http://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/kb/preference-file-location-illustrator....

"Note: If you can't find the AIPrefs file in the following locations, enable Windows to show hidden files and folders. For instructions, refer to your Windows documentation. For Mac OS, the name of the preferences file is Adobe Illustrator Prefs."

this might help.
Ty

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]