Hello all. I've been trying to recreate this for the past two days and am going nuts. I have a mac with Adobe Illustrator and I am just learning how to use this stuff but I kind of need this fast for a project which is why I posted up on here. Can anyone point me in the right direction to accomplish what you see in the attached text - white text that has shading/shadow and is on a white background? Appreciate any help. Thank you.
no problem, as long as you are looking to put this over a white background.
1. make your white type with your word of choice.
2. open the appearance pallet. Window / Appearance
3. in the bottom left of the appearance pallet you will find the small Fx button.
4. once you click on this button it should bring up a context list.
5. look under stylize ... you can mess around with outer glow... or drop shadow..
--- please note that these effects have "Modes" make sure to change it to normal...
--- you can always change this after the fact simple by accessing the appearance pallet and double clicking on the effect... as long as you have the right layer selected.
one other thing... if you look in the layers pallet you can see that once you apply an effect like drop shadow the hollow circle for that layer is now a solid circle... this indicates that they layer has an effect applied.
Also you never stated what Version of illustrator you were using. in the future make sure to include this info.