FORUMS: list search recent posts

Issues creating a proper Vector File and importing to AE

COW Forums : Adobe Illustrator

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chris Alstrin
Issues creating a proper Vector File and importing to AE
on Jan 30, 2013 at 9:37:27 pm

I've spent almost two days now trying to problem solve this. What I want to do is import a vector file (logo) into AE and create shapes from vector layer.

This seems simple enough I know. The problem I'm having is whenever I go into AE and create shapes from vector layer the color completely disappears and all I have are lines.

I've tried every possible way to do this and I'm at a complete loss. Here's what I'm doing:

I have taken a client's logo and turned it into a vector based file in Illustrator. I make my changes with the live paint bucket and save the file. I then import it into AE as a composition. As soon as I say Create shapes from vector layer everything goes transparent and all I have are the vector lines.

My initial thought is I'm doing something wrong in AE. But I create a super basic circle in Illustrator and did the same thing and it works fine. When I convert it in AE the color is still there. So I feel like I'm doing something wrong in AI. Can anyone shine some light on this situation?

Thanks
Chris

Return to posts index

Vincent Rosati
Re: Issues creating a proper Vector File and importing to AE
on Jan 31, 2013 at 2:41:30 am

Try this query...
http://forums.creativecow.net/search.php?q=import+after+effects&f[]=245

Vince

*Please remember to Rate our replies or check Solution if solved. If you get a good idea from the post, consider clicking the Kudos option.

Return to posts index

Chris Alstrin
Re: Issues creating a proper Vector File and importing to AE
on Jan 31, 2013 at 4:28:47 am

Thanks for the suggestion Vincent but those don't solve my problem. I tried flattening the image which helped with the color but now I have one image instead of layers.

Technically I can export each layer separately and import them separately into AE and I will try that next but that defeats the purpose of importing one file with multiple layers.

Anyone else willing to help out?

Chris Alstrin
http://www.alstrinfilms.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]