FORUMS: list search recent posts

Image Styler and Illustrator

COW Forums : Adobe Illustrator

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael Peterson
Image Styler and Illustrator
on Jan 25, 2013 at 3:35:07 am

I am not a artist or designer just a retired mechanic trying to entertain my self. My question is this I have a logo I made in image styler 1.0 I'm now trying to recreate it in Illustrator so it is vector. I managed to get a shape that I used from Image styler but can't get the style I used on that shape. I can't create it as I said I'm a mechanic, which means I can't get a bevel or shadow on the vector swoosh shape. I would post what I have and what I want it to look like but I see nowhere to do that. So if you shoot me a email I'll send the shapes back by that.

Return to posts index

Vincent Rosati
Re: Image Styler and Illustrator
on Jan 25, 2013 at 1:12:00 pm

To upload an example, when you are editing a post there are a bunch of buttons just above the text field. The three buttons on the right are for file uploads.

Vince

*Please remember to Rate our replies or check Solution if solved. If you get a good idea from the post, consider clicking the Kudos option.

Return to posts index

Michael Peterson
on Jan 26, 2013 at 2:00:41 am

Thanks you here are the images. The first is the swoosh imported into Illustrator and the second is this shape with the bevel style as image styler applies it. The swoosh was first colored then the style applied.

Return to posts index

Vincent Rosati
on Jan 26, 2013 at 5:45:37 am

Here's a project file that shows one possible approach to vectorizing this art.

5314_swooshvectorv10.ai.zip

Vince

*Please remember to Rate our replies or check Solution if solved. If you get a good idea from the post, consider clicking the Kudos option.

Return to posts index

Michael Peterson
on Jan 26, 2013 at 6:34:23 pm

That looks great and the instruction on how to do it, I was hoping you were going to add and you did. Thank you very much. I'm now going to try and do this for my self from your instructions. You really can't say it is yours unless you do it yourself. I feel the same way about racing, you can't say it is your car unless you build it yourself and race it and win at least once to justify the project. I will post the finished logo, it helps to see what you were involved in. Again thank you so much for the assitance in this project which is much more difficult to me then building a engine.

Return to posts index

Michael Peterson
on Jan 27, 2013 at 1:21:56 am

Ok, it took some time but I think I have it. This is I hope what will go on the door of the race car and the rear trailer door, and possibly the sides.

Return to posts index

Vincent Rosati
on Jan 27, 2013 at 3:19:28 pm

Excellent. Looks like you've got it.
Is this going to be produced as cut vinyl?

Vince

Return to posts index

Michael Peterson
on Jan 27, 2013 at 6:55:12 pm

This is possible for the trailer, but the car it will be painted. This will require removing the doors and sanding off the present name which is this logo spelled out. (No excuse) I may paint the trailer also, this all depends on how steady I am. Age is not friendly. I have included a link to video of the car. This was with the assistance of Rob Mize and After Effects.I painted it in the late 80's. I really don't know if I would ever get these programs with out the giving of valuable time from experts such as yourself and all the others at Creative Cow. For us newbees who know nothing of the business I thank you all.

Return to posts index

Vincent Rosati
on Jan 29, 2013 at 1:11:45 am

I'm glad that you got something out of the discussion. Hey, us tech's, we have to stick together!

Vince

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]