FORUMS: list search recent posts

Is it possible to have scrolling pictures(slideshow) on a menu board created in Ai?

COW Forums : Adobe Illustrator

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Lisa Seeder
Is it possible to have scrolling pictures(slideshow) on a menu board created in Ai?
on Jan 24, 2013 at 7:59:05 pm

I am new to adobe and need some help!

The restaurant that I work for uses Adobe Illustrator for their menu boards. My manager would like to have the pictures on these menu boards scroll (like a slideshow).

I have contacted adobes support help center and they were not able to help me.

I am not even sure if this is possible, but any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for your time and help!

Return to posts index

Vincent Rosati
Re: Is it possible to have scrolling pictures(slideshow) on a menu board created in Ai?
on Jan 25, 2013 at 2:17:56 am

I might not understand what you need.
It sounds like you want to display a video, or are otherwise looking for some technology that might cycle through printed images.
What sort of medium are these menu boards? Are they computer monitors? Are they backlight boxes?
When you say 'scrolling' I generally think 'animation'. Usually you'd use Adobe Premiere or Adobe After Effects for that sort of job.

Vince

*Please remember to Rate our replies or check Solution if solved. If you get a good idea from the post, consider clicking the Kudos option.

Return to posts index

Lisa Seeder
Re: Is it possible to have scrolling pictures(slideshow) on a menu board created in Ai?
on Jan 25, 2013 at 3:37:44 pm

The menu boards are displayed on an LCD flat screen. I am trying to just cycle through printed images while the menu board is being displayed on the T.V.'s. Is this possible on Ai?

Return to posts index

Vincent Rosati
on Jan 25, 2013 at 10:43:51 pm

You'll certainly be able to create and edit the graphics in AI. The AI files will be your master project files.

As for display on LCD, presuming that this LCD is connected to pc, it might just be a matter of using a search engine to find an appropriate slideshow app.
You may even already have an app on the system.
You can probably find many slideshow apps with a standard push or slide transition, plus more advanced transitions.

Check your display resolution settings for the monitor, make your AI comp whatever size you need to work with whichever transition you decide to use.
Finally, you'll export image files that meet the specs of the slideshow app, possibly - JPEG / RGB / 72ppi.

Just some general thoughts.

Vince

*Please remember to Rate our replies or check Solution if solved. If you get a good idea from the post, consider clicking the Kudos option.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]