FORUMS: list search recent posts

Compund shape in appearance, no other groupings..?

COW Forums : Adobe Illustrator

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bekkitae Jay
Compund shape in appearance, no other groupings..?
on Jan 24, 2013 at 3:46:28 am

Hi folks!

I am using a custom illustrated skyline made for a company by the designer before me. As I need a whole path for my vinyl print man, I have taken part of the logo outline and wanted to join it with part of the skyline.

Deleting sections of the logo outline was fine => no issues.

I used the direct selection tool to delete a section of the skyline, and while it appears to be now open-ended there is a stroke line running across the two desired open ends which cannot be selected or altered.

In Appearance it identifies as a 'Compound Shape' ...HOWEVER I am unable to release, ungroup or any of that jazz either in the Appearance menu nor the Object menu.

Any light on the matter would be super appreciated, although I'm probably just missing something simple :)

Return to posts index

Vincent Rosati
Re: Compund shape in appearance, no other groupings..?
on Jan 25, 2013 at 2:09:28 am

Try selecting the desired path with the Group Selection Tool, then copy/paste.
Let us know if that works.

Vince

*Please remember to Rate our replies or check Solution if solved. If you get a good idea from the post, consider clicking the Kudos option.

Return to posts index

Bekkitae Jay
on Jan 29, 2013 at 12:14:45 am

Thanks for the reply Vince. Unfortunately your suggestion copied and pasted the same path problems.

Return to posts index

Vincent Rosati
on Jan 29, 2013 at 2:48:07 am

Can you upload and attach?

Vince

*Please remember to Rate our replies or check Solution if solved. If you get a good idea from the post, consider clicking the Kudos option.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]