FORUMS: list search recent posts

Fill not aligned to path edge

COW Forums : Adobe Illustrator

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Cabestany
Fill not aligned to path edge
on Jan 18, 2013 at 8:52:30 pm

I have this file which is a Foursquare logo and the outer rectangle has a blue fill and no stroke. In the strangest of cases, the fill appears misaligned with the path of the object. I already checked attributes, clipping masks, compound paths and there's nothing obvious affecting the path, yet the fill is out of place.

Please attached.

If anyone can tell me what is going on, I'll be very grateful.

Return to posts index

Tylor Larson
Re: Fill not aligned to path edge
on Jan 21, 2013 at 7:03:53 pm

is the square grouped in with any thing else.. if you have something like an offset on another sub group which it will affect all the elements grouped inside. Also does this show up if you print the file. have you review your project in outline mode... the short cut for that is Command+Y hit it again to return. you might find that something is off in outline mode.

these are all things i use to trouble shot problems.

Return to posts index

David Cabestany
on Jan 22, 2013 at 7:52:45 pm

Hi Tylor, nope, I checked it as thoroughly as possible and couldn't find anything out of the ordinary. I looked from compound paths, clipping mask, double fills/strokes, unclosed paths, effects, etc, etc, nothing seemed to be wrong with it.

I ended up retracing that shape and adding the fill again, it worked fine.

Maybe it was a semi-corrupted file or something like that.

Return to posts index

Tylor Larson
on Jan 22, 2013 at 10:58:28 pm

that is strange... the only other thing i was thinking you could try is to save and reopen the file..

Ty

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]