FORUMS: list search recent posts

Illustrator CS6 won't let me change color of strokes

COW Forums : Adobe Illustrator

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Matt Greco
Illustrator CS6 won't let me change color of strokes
on Nov 23, 2012 at 8:54:41 pm

Hey guys,

So this has been a recent problem. I'll be drawing a shape, and I won't be able to change the color of the stroke. Or I'll keep trying to change it to say a red, but it keeps it as a random gray color. Sometimes it happens, sometimes it doesn't. Seems like the oddest glitch.

Any ideas?

Return to posts index

Tylor Larson
Re: Illustrator CS6 won't let me change color of strokes
on Nov 26, 2012 at 2:25:06 pm

do you know if your layer is in CMYK or gray scale? if you look at the color palette, you need to make sure that you are NOT in grayscale. if you click on the drop down menu and you can select between gray scale, cmyk and RGB. some times this changes if you do a one color live trace.

Return to posts index

Matt Greco
on Nov 26, 2012 at 6:06:14 pm

Tylor, thanks for all the help so far. So I found that in a layer that clearly WAS RGB as there are other shapes it in all the correct colors, for some reason at random times, when I'm drawing other shapes, the mode in the color palette IS changing to Grayscale.

So I suppose what the question is now is why that color mode keeps changing seemingly randomly? Is this a known CS6 glitch?

Return to posts index

Matt Greco
on Nov 26, 2012 at 2:26:44 pm

It's definitely in RGB, and has never been changed.

Return to posts index

Tylor Larson
on Nov 26, 2012 at 5:57:52 pm

is there any thing in the appearance palette? does this happen even if you open up a new doc and start drawing shapes?

the last thing i would try is resetting your preferences.

http://www.ehow.com/how_12113098_delete-illustrator-prefs-mac.html

i would make a backup of the preference file before you do this just in case.

Return to posts index

January Greene
on Dec 8, 2012 at 4:20:23 pm

random suggestion (it's done that to me before as well) I made the stroke on a diff layer then clicked fx button at the bottom of the layers tab. colorize (or color overlay) then pick the color you want. Ever since I found out about that little button I went through and with any brushes that wouldn't change color for me I edited them that way

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]