FORUMS: list search recent posts

Why does CS6 no longer export images out at their boundary/artboard size? Am I missing something?

COW Forums : Adobe Illustrator

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Laci Morgan
Why does CS6 no longer export images out at their boundary/artboard size? Am I missing something?
on Nov 7, 2012 at 9:40:02 pm

I recently upgraded to Illustrator CS6, and suddenly clients have been remarking that the file sizes are wrong or there's "a ton of white space around the logo." I checked it out, and sure enough, it appears that whenever I export a file, it does not crop it to the image boundary like it used to, even if I had manually adjusted the artboard to fit closely around it. After a bit of trial and error, I discovered that I have to click "Use Artboards" on the Export dialog each time. The super annoying part is that it doesn't STAY checked, AND it adds a number to the end of the file name. So I often forget to check it (not used to the extra step in workflow), and if I make a modification to the file, I can't just export over the previous version. It requires me to export it, go find it in finder, and manually delete the extra number off the file name. Ugh! The extra steps are adding way too much time when I'm saving out many files. I'm about ready to go back to my previous version just from this alone.

Help! Am I totally missing something? Is there an easier way to do this? It seems like the addition of this feature would only cause extra problems...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]