FORUMS: list search recent posts

metallic colors

COW Forums : Adobe Illustrator

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brian Bishop
metallic colors
on Nov 3, 2012 at 11:57:42 am

Is there a way to choose metallic look colors or simulate them as a fill. On my shortcut fill menu I notice Steel Cylinder as a choice but it appears to just produce default black when viewed on screen. I haven't tried printing. A couple of the other wallpaper custom fills do show up in the type when I select them so I'm not sure why and I would like more choices if I could. I understand I can't print metallic ink with a proofing printer (well, who knows these days but at least not with the ones I have) but sometimes the use of highlight and shawdow on gray or gold color tones helps simulate metal lustre.

thanks,

brian

PS - again, I'm running antique versions here, but if there is a feature in the latest version I can always try to find its analog if it exists in my versions:
Illustrator 12.0.1
Indesign 4.0.5

Return to posts index

Tylor Larson
Re: metallic colors
on Nov 6, 2012 at 8:25:22 pm

could you post a simplified copy of your project? i think i know what the issue is. you might need to use the gradient tool to correct the issue of that one object showing up black.

here is a video that might help you get a better grasp on the gradient tool.

as for the printer... there isn't a home office style printer that can print metallic ink that I know of... if you want one that does you will need deep pockets. usually it is a wide format printer and, they are really pricy.

Ty

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]