FORUMS: list search recent posts

Rotate local vs global

COW Forums : Adobe Illustrator

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Richie Schut
Rotate local vs global
on Oct 8, 2012 at 5:56:53 pm

Is there any way to rotate items based upon local x and y vs global?

Thanks
Richie

Return to posts index

Vincent Rosati
Re: Rotate local vs global
on Oct 8, 2012 at 11:40:26 pm

Maybe try..

Select your object than press 'R'. The object-center crosshairs will appear in the center of the object.
Now, you can grab the crosshairs and position them anywhere.
Now when you grab and move the object it will rotate around the modified center position.

The Radial Pattern tutorial shows this.
If this isn't anywhere close to answering your question, let us know.

Vince

*Please remember to Rate our replies or check Solution if solved. If you get a good idea from the post, consider clicking the Kudos option.

Return to posts index

Richie Schut
on Oct 9, 2012 at 3:17:34 am

For example I have a few objects that I have rotated odd degrees from each other. Now I need flip them all along what would have been horizontal before I initially rotated them. Does that make sense?

Return to posts index

Vincent Rosati
on Oct 9, 2012 at 3:46:56 am

I can't think of anything automatic that would do this, unless these objects are symbols.

Manually, I'd create a guide path at the odd angle, duplicate a copy to preserve the angle, group one guide path to the odd angle object, rotate the grouped object snapping the guide path to a 90 deg. angle, than perform the flip. Than use the odd angle copy as a guide to restore the rotation.

Or maybe simply a flip and rotate operation might work. For this it would be helpful to know the exact rotation degrees.
You could Cmd/Opt click on the object while using the Rotate tool (R).

Vince

*Please remember to Rate our replies or check Solution if solved. If you get a good idea from the post, consider clicking the Kudos option.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]