FORUMS: list search recent posts

Illustrator CS6 to CorelDraw 11 best workflow

COW Forums : Adobe Illustrator

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Katya Austin
Illustrator CS6 to CorelDraw 11 best workflow
on Oct 4, 2012 at 6:51:11 pm

Hello,

My clients' printer cannot use PDF files i created for print using CS6, they asked me to convert files into something they can open with CorelDraw 11.
I know CorelDraw supports .EPS, WMF and EMF formats, I have .EPS output module in Illustrator, but i also have multiple gradients, vector transparencies and raster transparencies in the project and not sure how well it will be preserved if downconverted so much. Also i don't have a possibility to preview it in CorelDraw 11, even if i could find the program, i believe it's not compatible with Windows 7.

Project is meant to be mass-printed on plastic wrap.
All info i got on the print house is that it's in China - my clients would not give me direct contact info for some reason or another.

If anyone can share their workflow for situations like this, i would very much appreciate it.

best,
-Katya

Return to posts index

Vincent Rosati
Re: Illustrator CS6 to CorelDraw 11 best workflow
on Oct 5, 2012 at 2:43:18 am

Once people start talking about Corel, just know that you are in a battle of the ages... and they lost, BTW, IMHO. You are working with people that hate you because you're an 'Illustrator snob'. This is my experience with Corel people.
Just export EPS as version 10, TIFF 8-bit color, post script level 3. You should be good.

Vince

*Please remember to Rate our replies or check Solution if solved. If you get a good idea from the post, consider clicking the Kudos option.

Return to posts index

Katya Austin
on Oct 5, 2012 at 3:29:35 am

thanx!!

i don't think it's CorelDraw vs Illustrator snobbery, they probably invested bunch of money in CorelDraw v11 back in 2001 and trying to get every penny out of it before having to update.

will try specs you suggested, thank you so much!

Return to posts index

Brett Chila
on Jul 20, 2014 at 5:51:31 am

Hi Katya, did the info given to you on this question solve your problem? I am im a similar situation.
Brett

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]