FORUMS: list search recent posts

How To Change One Label and Have The Rest Change, Too.

COW Forums : Adobe Illustrator

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Fabienne Christenson
How To Change One Label and Have The Rest Change, Too.
on Sep 26, 2012 at 1:10:52 pm

I make labels for my business. I would like to be able to make up a label with the logo, address, and ingredients and then make up a whole page of them. Then print them out and after I print the first pages, just change the name of the product and have the whole page of labels change just the name so I can print it out.

In my business I have a lot of products with different names but the basic information I need on the labels stays the same except for the name.

I use Avery 5160 labels and there are 30 to a page. Is there a way I can change one name and have the whole page change, too? I am using CS3 on a PC. Thank you in advance.

--Fabienne Christenson

Return to posts index

Vincent Rosati
Re: How To Change One Label and Have The Rest Change, Too.
on Sep 26, 2012 at 11:43:25 pm

One way would be to drag your common component into the Symbols palette. Then drag your editable component (the text) into the Symbols palette.
Now you can group the two symbols and duplicate as many times as needed.
When you need to change the text, either double click it with the Group or Direct Selection Tool or double click the symbol in the palette and edit, and every instance of the symbol will update.

Vince

*Please remember to Rate our replies or check Solution if solved. If you get a good idea from the post, consider clicking the Kudos option.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]