FORUMS: list search recent posts

Auto correcting rectangle size in Illustrator CS6

COW Forums : Adobe Illustrator

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Wesley Blokker
Auto correcting rectangle size in Illustrator CS6
on Sep 10, 2012 at 12:53:52 pm

Hello folks,

I am currently working in a Illustrator file that is 10% of the final print size. This is because the final size is 8,9 x 5,8 meters (15 x 7 times A1). It is therefor all my sizes have to be the EXACT size. Any flaws in sizes will be 10x as big on the final print.

So I am creating 15 x 7 A1 rectangles in my composition of 891 x 588,7 millimeters. 10% of a A1 should be 84,1x59,4mm. However, when I create a rectangle by this very size, Illustrator automatically changes it to 83,961 x 59,267 millimeters. This will result in a 5 pixel blank space on the 15 side, which means 50 pixels on the final size. I, but especially my boss ( -_-' ) would like this to be 0 pixels.

Does anyone know how to fix this auto correction? I think it will have something to do with the millimeters to pixel correction.

Kind regards,

Wesley.
--
Post Production | Video Editor

P.S. I am an absolute rookie when comes to Adobe Illustrator but I am quite handy and an 'autodidactic'. So anything you trow at me, I'll try to adapt. =]

Time is a valuable teacher, unfortunately it kills all its pupils.

Return to posts index

Wesley Blokker
Re: Auto correcting rectangle size in Illustrator CS6
on Sep 10, 2012 at 9:53:39 pm

For those who are interested; my question was solved on the Adobe forum.

The problem was with the pixel grid.

Begin quote:
Open the Transform panel (under Window > Transform OR press Shift+F8). Expand the Transform panel fully by clicking on the up-down arrows next to the name Transform & then uncheck the option 'Align to Pixel Grid'. Turn off 'Align New Objects to Pixel Grid' from the panel's flyout menu.

Any time you create a Web profile document, this option is turned ON by default - check in the New Document dialog, under Advanced section. If your document is not intended for the Web, you can turn this option off.
End quote.

Many thanks to CupertinoFruit.

Time is a valuable teacher, unfortunately it kills all its pupils.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]