FORUMS: list search recent posts

White Pixels Around .ai file saved as .png

COW Forums : Adobe Illustrator

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Matt Greco
White Pixels Around .ai file saved as .png
on Aug 20, 2012 at 2:53:47 pm

This has been asked twice before on these forums I believe, but neither one was exactly my problem, and regardless, both suggested solutions did not work.

Basically my problem is that I've created an image that obviously is pristine in Illustrator. When I save it to .png though, which is what needs to be done for use on our website, it has a thin line about 1 px wide of white pixels on parts of it. This occurs whether I have strokes or not.

I've included an image, with a black background so you can see. Any help is greatly appreciated as our site launches soon.
http://i.imgur.com/kY6W0.jpg

Return to posts index

Vincent Rosati
Re: White Pixels Around .ai file saved as .png
on Aug 20, 2012 at 11:52:33 pm

Are you saving as PNG-8 with a white matte maybe, or PNG-24?
Can you attach your file.

Vince

*Please remember to Rate our replies or check Solution if solved. If you get a good idea from the post, consider clicking the Kudos option.

Return to posts index

Nevin Styre
on Aug 24, 2012 at 7:40:45 pm

Try copying the vector and pasting it into a photoshop document with transparent background, then save as a PNG through photoshop.

Return to posts index

Tylor Larson
on Aug 28, 2012 at 1:32:03 pm

so... are you building the file in Illustrator and then copying it out of illustrator and placing it into photoshop? you might want to give a break down of your work flow...

File/Save for Web & Devices allows you to export a web ready image in PNG in both 8 and 24. again like by Vincent Rosati said. selecting 24 is key to making the cleanest alpha channel. PNG-24 should stop any white fringing around the alpha channel. which happens often with object that have drop shadows, and outer glows.

ty

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]