FORUMS: list search recent posts

few questions

COW Forums : Adobe Illustrator

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
jandi pyo
few questions
on Aug 3, 2012 at 3:57:06 pm

Hi

I need to know how I do the shape in that attached file easily and quickly but most importantly accurate.maybe with pathfinder?i work hard on it but it's still not accurate

I also wanted to know how to make text of wine label highly organized and professional with all the accurate spaces whitin & between the letters?
is there any guide for this?
And whether I should do it in adobe Illustrator or other software? because The illustration of the front of the lable done in illustrator.

Last question, how can you save the file to print, without keeping all the layers in PDF and in very high quality.
Thank you

Return to posts index

Vincent Rosati
Re: few questions
on Aug 21, 2012 at 12:33:35 am

Illustrator is the best tool for doing professional labels, especially for print.

To adjust spaces between letters you need to adjust the Tracking.
Once you have your text selected, adjust the tracking in the Character palette - Window / Type / Character.
To adjust the tracking after just one character, just select the one character and make that tracking adjustment.

My favorite way to flatten a file for print is to open the Illustrator file in Photoshop, than import is as CMYK 300 PPI. Than save it as a TIFF with LZW compression.
You can also do this with Illustrator by clicking File / Export / ...

Vince

*Please remember to Rate our replies or check Solution if solved. If you get a good idea from the post, consider clicking the Kudos option.

Return to posts index

jandi pyo
Re: few questions
on Aug 21, 2012 at 7:40:33 am

thanks

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]