FORUMS: list search recent posts

Exporting .ai to .pdf or .eps layer border

COW Forums : Adobe Illustrator

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rob Weidner
Exporting .ai to .pdf or .eps layer border
on Jul 20, 2012 at 3:04:03 pm

I have created a document in Illustrator CS5 and when I go to save as the file as a pdf or eps and open the document in Adobe Reader or Preview there is a thin white line around images and it looks awful. I need this to be fixed before I send the files to my boss. When I save as PDF and select Adobe 4 as the version it appears that the problem is fixed...
http://images.creativecow.net/101586/screenshot2012-07-20at10.01.23am.jpg

Return to posts index

Tylor Larson
Re: Exporting .ai to .pdf or .eps layer border
on Jul 24, 2012 at 2:50:34 pm

when you save the PDF... look in the dialog box... try checking the Preserve illustrator editing capability off. basically when this is on, it keeps everything live. stuff like transparency mask and or gradients. This also can drive the file size up.
one other thing you can do is use save for the web jpegs and then bring those into photoshop and re-save as PDFs. this will flatten the image and remove any editing controls. if neither of these options help please let me know and i can help find a workaround.

Return to posts index

Nicole Nel
Re: Exporting .ai to .pdf or .eps layer border
on Jul 24, 2012 at 6:41:25 pm

I have exactly the same problem and I find it is specifically when raster effects like drop shadow or feather are used.

I think its important to not that these lines don't appear on the final printed material. That doesn't help me when I'm exporting for screen...

I tend to print to pdf instead of saving to pdf as this keeps the file size down somewhat. The preserve editing capabilties isn't available in the print dialogue as far as I know. Expoting to jpeg, then re-exporting to pdf from photoshop is simply not a very practical option in my workflow.

Any other tips would be most appreciated.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]