FORUMS: list search recent posts

Changing the color of grain effect for vintage design

COW Forums : Adobe Illustrator

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Matt Greco
Changing the color of grain effect for vintage design
on Jul 11, 2012 at 2:26:16 pm

Hey guys,

Here is the image I'm working with: http://i.imgur.com/wqmXU.png All I want to do is change the color of the vintage grain effect you see from black to say white, or a lighter green, etc.

I've looked at several tutorials that basically say to make a copy of the shape (in this case the tree,) duplicate THAT shape in the Appearance palette via another fill and change THAT to a colored gradient, then apply the grain effect to that colored gradient, and set it to Multiply. But when I do that it just doesn't give the result I want. It basically looks like a traditional colored gradient with grain over top.

Any ideas would be HUGELY appreciated as I have to make a lot of these for our flagship site.

Return to posts index

Tylor Larson
Re: Changing the color of grain effect for vintage design
on Jul 24, 2012 at 3:05:11 pm

here is my work around. i took a shape.. with a gradient and grain applied to it... then i duplicated that shape and applied the color i wanted the shape to be. then i made sure the solid color was on top of the grain gradient shape layer in the layers palette . and finally i set the transparency mode for the solid color layer to darken. this should allow you to tweak the colors any way you want.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]