FORUMS: list search recent posts

"Can't make a compound path. A compound path cannot combine a clipping mask with an ordinary path"

COW Forums : Adobe Illustrator

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
chris holmes
"Can't make a compound path. A compound path cannot combine a clipping mask with an ordinary path"
on Jun 24, 2012 at 8:51:49 am

So I created a clipping mask out of an image I'm working on, as shown below. Now I want to cut out part of the inside of the resulting image using the compound path to clipping mask method. However, I'm getting the message "Can't make a compound path. A compound path cannot combine a clipping mask with an ordinary path" whenever I try to do that. I'm wondering what the way around this is, i.e. how to make a compound path with an image that is already the result of a clipping mask. I'm sure there's something basic that I'm missing. If someone could lend me their assistance I'd appreciate it.

Return to posts index

Wim Bruyninckx
Re: "Can't make a compound path. A compound path cannot combine a clipping mask with an ordinary path"
on Jun 24, 2012 at 8:06:26 pm

Hi,

i am not sure if i understood well what you want to achieve but...
if you want to cut out a part of a shape that has a clipping mask, you should use a clipping mask on a clipping mask instead of a compound path...

Kind regards,

wim

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]