FORUMS: list search recent posts

Clipping paths

COW Forums : Adobe Illustrator

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Roen Davis
Clipping paths
on May 28, 2012 at 3:17:43 am

Hi All,

I am an AI twinky. I am trying to disassemble an Illustrator project that I have inherited so that I can animate it in AE. I have done a release to layers but on some items there are clipping paths and when they get released it reveals things that I dont want. How do I merge or flatten the clipping paths? And then once in AE is there a way to keep the objects in their positions - at the moment it seems that they all just stack - there are about 70 layers so that isnt ideal.

to the deaf person the dancer appears mad

Return to posts index

Matt Townley
Re: Clipping paths
on May 29, 2012 at 6:57:57 pm

It's hard to picture the exact scenario, but it sounds like you may need to expand some items and then use the pathfinder tool to subtract the parts that are currently being clipped. This will result in actual shapes and not clipped shapes.

Return to posts index

Roen Davis
on May 30, 2012 at 1:08:03 am

Hi Matt,

thx for the response. there are 70+ layers and most of them are just paths with a color but some are graduated fill shapes and that has been achieved by using a clipping path. I want to change the clipping mask to be just a regular path.

to the deaf person the dancer appears mad

Return to posts index

Nevin Styre
on May 30, 2012 at 10:21:58 pm

If it is not necessary that all the layers remain vector shapes you could always go Object->Rasterize on each layer that has the clipping path, make sure to select the "On Transparent" option. When you import a layered AI into AE it will create a comp that has all the layers aligned properly, copy the layers from that comp or work from that comp to start with everything lined up.

Return to posts index

Rustam Ali
on Aug 19, 2014 at 10:04:15 pm

Hi Roen Davis,
We create clipping path in adobe photoshop for our client the below links: hppt://www.cobwebsdesign.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]