FORUMS: list search recent posts

Exporting VPE for After Effects using Illustrator

COW Forums : Adobe Illustrator

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bruno Guerra
Exporting VPE for After Effects using Illustrator
on May 21, 2012 at 12:04:07 am

First of all, I'd like to point out I've looked around other posts to make sure this hasn't been already answered, and if it has, I apologize in advance.

I'm having a problem with Adobe Illustrator and 3D objects. I want to export the objects to After Effects, but I don't seem to have the "export for After Effects" options under the File tab. I'm working with CS5 on Windows 7 64bit. I've looking around and every answer seems to mention Photoshop Extended (which I didn't knew existed), but nothing about Illustrator extended (which doesn't seem to exist).

My question is: Do I need Photoshop Extended so Illustrator can export VPE? If so, do I need to uninstall my version of Photoshop to be able to install the extended version? Or all of the Creative Suite?

Thanks in advance!

Return to posts index

Helena Masters
Re: Exporting VPE for After Effects using Illustrator
on Jun 12, 2012 at 12:59:39 am

Hello

I might have the wrong end of the stick in what you're asking but am I right in thinking you have created something in Illustrator using the 3D effect and want to export this to After Effects as a 3D object?

Return to posts index

Bruno Guerra
on Jun 12, 2012 at 4:12:10 am

That's exactly it.

Return to posts index

Helena Masters
on Jun 13, 2012 at 9:00:57 pm

Ah ok - well the 3D that Illustrator creates is only 'fake' 3D - Illustrator works in flat vectors so After Effects has no way of knowing that the object should be 3D.

To create real 3D objects in After Effects that you can animate etc, you need software such as Cinema4D that After Effects will recognise as a 3D object.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]