FORUMS: list search recent posts

How do I punch out sections of a pie chart?

COW Forums : Adobe Illustrator

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ignacio Holiday
How do I punch out sections of a pie chart?
on May 8, 2012 at 12:12:16 am

This is my first time trying to make a pie chart in Illustrator. I have a black donut shape that I want to slice into pie sections. So I made a rectangle over the circle, then rotated it around the pie I combined these sections into one shape. But when I delete the pink star shape it removes it as though it was a layer on top of the black donut. What I want is for it to remove the shape and cut the pie into slices. (See my pics). Can anyone help tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Return to posts index

Vincent Rosati
Re: How do I punch out sections of a pie chart?
on May 8, 2012 at 12:19:20 am

You probably want to use Pathfinder / Minus Back..
http://forums.creativecow.net/search.php?q=minus+back&f[]=245

Vince

*Please remember to Rate our replies or check Solution if solved. If you get a good idea from the post, consider clicking the Kudos option.

Return to posts index

Ignacio Holiday
on May 8, 2012 at 12:49:17 am

Okay, but I'm not sure what to have selected when doing this. I'm getting "the filter produced no results-please select two intersecting paths." This happens when the star is selected, and when the star and donut are both selected.

Return to posts index

Vincent Rosati
on May 8, 2012 at 1:06:26 am

Basically, you select two objects, then do Minus Back. You may have to do this a number of times, for each operation.

Vince

*Please remember to Rate our replies or check Solution if solved. If you get a good idea from the post, consider clicking the Kudos option.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]