FORUMS: list search recent posts

Copy Extrude and Bevel effect from one object / layer to another object / layer in Illustrator CS3

COW Forums : Adobe Illustrator

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
sumeet khurana
Copy Extrude and Bevel effect from one object / layer to another object / layer in Illustrator CS3
on May 5, 2012 at 5:33:59 am

Hi,
I am using Illustrator CS3... I wish to know is there a way in Illustrator CS3 that I can copy the "extrude and bevel effect" which I have put on an object (layer1) and paste the same effect with same settings on the other object (layer 2)?

My layer1 shows like this:-
Layer1> Group>Path

My Layer 2 shows like this:-
Layer2> Envelope

I would be very thankful for any help.

Return to posts index

Vincent Rosati
Re: Copy Extrude and Bevel effect from one object / layer to another object / layer in Illustrator CS3
on May 8, 2012 at 12:46:41 am

Maybe try dragging the object with the effect into the appearance palette, then in theory you should be able to apply the appearance (effect) onto other objects.

Vince

*Please remember to Rate our replies or check Solution if solved. If you get a good idea from the post, consider clicking the Kudos option.

Return to posts index

Mike Gondek
Re: Copy Extrude and Bevel effect from one object / layer to another object / layer in Illustrator CS3
on May 17, 2012 at 8:40:32 pm

You can use the eyedropper, to pick up appearance attributes like that. Yo must though first double click on the eyedropper, and then check both the appearance checkmarks.

There is one more thing yo ned to know is that this will copy appearance attributes at the object level, but if you applied extrude & bevel at the group level , you will need to drag and drop the little icon in the appearance palette, and drop that . You can tell if an attribute is assigned at the group level as you would see the word group, ratehr then the word type as in my example below.

Return to posts index

sumeet khurana
on May 23, 2012 at 11:16:51 pm

Thanks everyone for replying.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]