FORUMS: list search recent posts

Recommended Books

COW Forums : Adobe Illustrator

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Andre K L Li
Recommended Books
on Apr 21, 2012 at 2:50:42 pm

Does anybody have any recommendations for books (begineers/intermediate) for Inkscape and also for Illustrator?

Thanks
A K L Li

Return to posts index

les nemeth
Re: Recommended Books
on May 1, 2012 at 8:21:24 pm

Why is that important? If you go on amazon, for example, you will find that x% of the commenters don't like a specific book, while y% of the commenters like the same book.

It matters not who recommends what. Someone might recommend you a book, and you would find out it's a total garbage either because you have a different way of learning, or you prefer different style of narration/explanation of things.

I'd recommend searching amazon for books and read what people comment on the book(s) and make your own judgements based on that. You'll find much more people there who actively comment on books and as such, it's a more valuable resource to judge a book whether it will be working for you or not. As opposed to asking in a forum where you'd get 1 or two replies such as "Yeah, man, get this book, it's totally awesome." Would you spend 40-50 bucks on a book, just because someone said it's awesome? I certainly would not. I'd need more research for that kind of price.

Aside from all my meaningless thoughts above, the WOW books are usually pretty good for intermediate reading. It matters not whether it's CS1, 2, 3, 4, 5. They all cover the same thing under a different cover.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]