FORUMS: list search recent posts

where do I find keyboard shortcuts in Illustrator for "create new layer" and "delete layer"???

COW Forums : Adobe Illustrator

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nick Natteau
where do I find keyboard shortcuts in Illustrator for "create new layer" and "delete layer"???
on Apr 13, 2012 at 2:51:05 pm

Not sure why this is, but in contrast to After Effects and Photoshop which I also use, Illustrator doesn't seem to have keyboard shortcuts for the most basic commands like: "Create New Layer" or "Delete Layer".

I'm designing a map in Illustrator that has many layers. I'm constantly deleting and adding new layers, and to have to repeatedly mouse over to the layer panel just to add or delete a layer is a major pain.

Is there a way to create your own keyboard shortcuts in Illustrator?

Thanks very much in advance.

Return to posts index

les nemeth
Re: where do I find keyboard shortcuts in Illustrator for "create new layer" and "delete layer"???
on Apr 16, 2012 at 12:22:40 am

There's no menu/keyboard shortcut for new layer. But you can create an action for creating a new layer, then assign a shortcut to the action itself.

Return to posts index

Nick Natteau
Re: where do I find keyboard shortcuts in Illustrator for "create new layer" and "delete layer"???
on Apr 16, 2012 at 2:19:43 pm

Hi Les, thanks for replying. I actually just discovered that there is a shortcut for creating a new Layer: ⌘L

I'll try to create an action for "delete layer" though. Thanks again.

Return to posts index

les nemeth
on Apr 16, 2012 at 5:45:16 pm

True!

Interesting that they didn't include it in any menu and not even in the help file (which I just searched). Either way, good to know!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]