FORUMS: list search recent posts

Large Building Sign Done with Photoshop & Illustrator

COW Forums : Adobe Illustrator

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Matt Greco
Large Building Sign Done with Photoshop & Illustrator
on Mar 30, 2012 at 6:42:27 pm

I've scoured these forums and fond some aspects of the answer I'm looking for, but not all.

Brief synopsis of my project: I'm creating a large sign for a building, 16 feet X 4 feet. One of the logos that will be on there has to be done in Photoshop because of how I need to color it. The rest of the project is in Illustrator and will then be saved to .pdf for printing and 300 dpi of course.

As far as the image being done in Photoshop, is there no way around having to create it at the literal real-world size? As in working at 16' X 4' at 300 dpi in Photoshop? Obviously this size makes it difficult to work.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Return to posts index

Vincent Rosati
Re: Large Building Sign Done with Photoshop & Illustrator
on Apr 1, 2012 at 7:45:57 pm

I'd consider scaling the project to 1/2 or 1/4 scale, including any linked resources (TIF, PSD, whatever), considering the overall art size and processing power.

Vince

*Please remember to Rate our replies or check Solution if solved. If you get a good idea from the post, consider clicking the Kudos option.

Return to posts index

Scott Roberts
on Apr 5, 2012 at 4:20:58 am

300dpi for large format projects is not necessary. 150dpi, 100dpi, 72dpi and even lower will work. 50ft, 50mph is the rule.

LittleBlackBird.net

Return to posts index

Matt Greco
on Apr 5, 2012 at 12:30:58 pm

I should note that in my original post I meant to say 300 PPI, not DPI.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]