FORUMS: list search recent posts

patterns, drop shadows, and dashed lines- preparing for print

COW Forums : Adobe Illustrator

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
shannon conahan
patterns, drop shadows, and dashed lines- preparing for print
on Mar 30, 2012 at 1:57:20 pm

hi guys, i have a flyer i just created that uses a few things that im not sure how to prepare for print:

1. a pattern: my base layer is one rectangle with a solid color and a pattern. do i have to do anything special to the pattern or will it be safe during print?

2. drop shadows: another rectangle in my picture has a drop shadow on it. i also have some text with stroke and drop shadow. i only know how to outline the font and the stroke in a text...but ive never outlined a drop shadow on anything before. do i have to do this and if so how? (both for the text and the rectangle's shadow)

3. dashed lines: one of my rectangles has a stroke that i made into dashed lines...but i think i managed to outline all of those. i selected only this rectangle, and then hit object>flatten transparency, with "convert strokes to outlines" checked. so i think that ones safe now...just wanted maybe another opinion on this if you have it!

so basically, the first 2 points are my main concerns. any ideas or suggestions? im searching all over the web but cant find the answers im looking for.

any help would be a life saver right now as ive gotta send this out to the printer asap. thanks so much!!
-shannon

shannon

Return to posts index

Vincent Rosati
Re: patterns, drop shadows, and dashed lines- preparing for print
on Apr 1, 2012 at 7:52:33 pm

The only thing that concerns me in your post is the drop-shadow. Transparency effects can be the cause of a number of issues.
Ultimately, you just need to do a test print and see how it looks.
Save a PDF with embedded fonts, or as a TIF with LZW compression.
Just some initial thoughts.

Vince

*Please remember to Rate our replies or check Solution if solved. If you get a good idea from the post, consider clicking the Kudos option.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]