FORUMS: list search recent posts

Pre-comp for illustrator?

COW Forums : Adobe Illustrator

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ryan ONeil
Pre-comp for illustrator?
on Mar 18, 2012 at 8:48:59 pm

Is there any way to do a pre-comp for illustrator like the pre-comp in AE?

I'm currently working on a peacock logo and I've got around 50 of the same graphic illustrating the ocelli (the eye) in each peacock feather. However, I'm wanting to have all 50 in a geometric set up and be able to edit all of them by editing one base graphic.

In After effects, if I'm using something several times, I can just pre-comp it and edit the pre-comp so that the effects reflect throughout all other occurrences.

Thanks for the help!

Return to posts index

Vincent Rosati
Re: Pre-comp for illustrator?
on Mar 18, 2012 at 10:59:28 pm

I may not be following exactly what you are trying to do, but maybe creating a Symbol is what you are looking to do.
Basically, drag whatever into the Symbols palette, then create multiple instances of the symbol.
Then, if you ever need to modify the symbol, you just double-click on one of them and make the change. Double-click off of it to update the other instances.

Vince

*Please remember to Rate our replies or check Solution if solved. If you get a good idea from the post, consider clicking the Kudos option.

Return to posts index

Ryan ONeil
Re: Pre-comp for illustrator?
on Mar 19, 2012 at 1:21:56 am

Perfect! That's exactly what I was looking for. You're a life saver. (And a time saver)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]