FORUMS: list search recent posts

Disconnecting Paths that reconnect to themselves

COW Forums : Adobe Illustrator

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Wade Stubanas
Disconnecting Paths that reconnect to themselves
on Mar 16, 2012 at 3:10:48 pm

I am attempting to modify a path. During the removal of points, I came upon a spot where the path connects to itself and forms a kind of island. If I continue deleting points, I will lose parts of the path I want to keep. How can I remove this section?

Please note that the part I want to remove does not have a blue outline and I cannot add points to it...

Return to posts index

Vincent Rosati
Re: Disconnecting Paths that reconnect to themselves
on Mar 17, 2012 at 1:25:57 am

I suspect that you deleted the paths between the points at the ends of the parallel section, or their otherwise are simply no paths there - indicated by:
'the part I want to remove does not have a blue outline and I cannot add points to it'

You probably need to use the Pen tool to close the paths.
When you attempt this you might get the Same Path/Endpoints error. If this happens, you'll probably have to either Object/Expand the object and/or ungroup the object before you can close the paths.

Try what I mentioned, and if you still can't get it to work you can always upload the file and I'm sure someone will fix it for you.

Vince

*Please remember to Rate our replies or check Solution if solved. If you get a good idea from the post, consider clicking the Kudos option.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]